Austrian singer Simone Kopmajer's (formerly known simply as "Simone") new release from Venus Records is a fresh and thrilling encounter of classical music and jazz. Simone and lyricist Karolin Tuerk wrote the lyrics to well-known classical melodies by Liszt, Chopin, Ravel, Bach and others, and performed them with talented Viennese musicians. Surprisingly, these new "songs" sound natural and even familiar, as if they are jazz standards. A fascinating, new jazz vocal album!
Simone Kopmajer, vocals, piano on "Lullaby"
Karen Asatrian, piano
Raphael Preuschl, bass
Reinhardt Winkler, drums
Anna Asatrian, violin
Wolfgang Puschnig, flute, alto saxophone
1. Feel You - from Dreams of Love No. 3
2. Come, Dance With Me - from Prelude Op.28-4
3. Free - from Swan Lake
4. New Romance - from Valse
1. Palace Lights - from Pavane For A Dead Princess
2. Two Love Birds - from La Campanella
3. Stranger In Paradise - from Polovetsian Dances
4. My Sweet Love - from Air On The G String