TAS Super LP List! Special Merit: Informal
Intimate, Stripped-Down Reworking Of #1 New York Times Album On Vinyl LP!
2019 Grammy Award Nominee:
• Best Alternative Music Album
• Best Rock Song: Masseduction
A stunning standalone work in its own right, MassEducation is in fact another dimension of last year's universally acclaimed MASSEDUCTION. Recorded live in the studio over two nights in August 2017 while at Electric Lady mixing MASSEDUCTION, MassEducation lays bare the exquisite songcraft of its other half. Performed entirely by Annie Clark (aka St. Vincent) on vocals and Thomas Bartlett on piano, the new album renders songs like "Young Lover" and "Fear The Future" and their subjects in vivid, vulnerable new light.
"We neither rehearsed nor spoke about how to approach any song, but rather, played two to three live takes, picked the best one, and trusted in the feeling of the moment," Clark said about the new record in a handwritten letter. "So here it istwo dear friends playing songs together with the kind of secret understanding one can only get through endless nights in New York City. Enjoy."
• Vinyl LP
• Gold foil embossed type on jacket cover
• Explicit Content
1. Slow Disco [piano version]
2. Savior [piano version]
3. Masseduction [piano version]
4. Sugarboy [piano version]
5. Fear The Future [piano version]
6. Smoking Section [piano version]
1. Los Ageless [piano version]
2. New York [piano version]
3. Young Lover [piano version]
4. Happy Birthday Johnny [piano version]
5. Pills [piano version]
6. Hang On Me [piano version]