TAS Rated 4/5 Music, 4.5/5 Sonics in the January 2022 Issue of The Absolute Sound!
The first live Steely Dan album in over 25 years, featuring "Hey Nineteen", "Aja", "Reelin' In The Years" and more on 2LP 180g black vinyl.
This packs a punch... The concerts were recorded in Boston, Philadelphia, and Uncasville, Connecticut, and find Fagen in good voice. He is joined by 14 ace session players, including drummer Keith Carlock and bassist Freddie Washington, both Steely Dan alumni - I've seldom heard a tighter bass and drum sound on vinyl. The 12 tracks include such chestnuts as 'Hey Nineteen,' 'Black Cow,' 'Bodhisattva,' 'Any Major Dude,' and 'Kid Charlemagne,' all faithfully reproduced. The band doesn't stretch out often, though exceptions include keyboardist Jim Beard's solo on 'Glamour Profession,' Jim Pugh's trombone intro to 'Things I Miss the Most,' and a jazz-instrumental cover of Big Joe Williams' 1954 hit 'A Man Ain't Supposed to Cry.' And then there are those kick-ass drum solos on 'Aja' and 'Reelin' in the Years.' Who says you can't buy a thrill?
- 180g Vinyl
- Double LP
- In memory of Walter Becker
- Made in Canada
- Black Cow - Live from Mohegan Sun Arena
- Kid Charlemagne - Live from the Orpheum Theatre
- Rikki Don't Lose That Number - Live from Mohegan Sun Arena
- Hey Nineteen - Live from The Met Philadelphia
- Any Major Dude Will Tell You - Live from Mohegan Sun Arena
- Glamour Profession - Live from The Met Philadelphia
- Things I Miss The Most - Live from the Beacon Theatre
- Aja - Live from the Orpheum Theatre
- Peg - Live from the Orpheum Theatre
- Bodhisattva - Live from the Beacon Theatre
- Reelin' In The Years - Live from Mohegan Sun Arena
- A Man Ain't Supposed To Cry - Live from the Orpheum Theatre