Half-speed re-mastering of 1962 RCA release, using Ortofon cutting system. Produced on High Definition Super Vinyl by Victor Company of Japan.
Composer Richard Strauss's friend and colleague, Fritz Reiner, made the first stereophonic recording of Also Sprach Zarathustra with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra in March 1954 for RCA Victor. In 2012, this recording was added to the Library of Congress's National Recording Registry 2011 list of "culturally, historically, or aesthetically important" American sound recordings.
- Mastered Directly from the Original Master Tapes!
- 1/2 Speed Mastered Original Master Recording Series
- Specially Plated and Pressed on JVC's High Definition Super Vinyl
- Pressed in Japan
- Special Static Free-Dust Free Inner Sleeve
- Limited Edition
|Chicago Symphony Orchestra|
Richard Strauss (1864-1949)
- Also Sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30 (Part 1)
- Also Sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30 (Concluded)