Pressed at Optimal Media Using Direct Metal Mastering! First Vinyl Reissue in More Than 20 Years!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
One of the most beloved and recognizable classical compositions, The Nutcracker ballet by Tchaikovsky remains a perennial favorite. In this highly regarded, 1986 recording, esteemed conductor Sir Charles Mackerras leads the London Symphony Orchestra through the dramatic, complete score, including such highlights as the Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy. This coveted recording, reissued on vinyl for the first time in 20 years, served as the soundtrack to the 1986 movie version of the ballet.
Faithful to the original release, this edition has been pressed at Optimal Media in Germany using DMM technology, and marks the first vinyl reissue of this title in over 20 years.
Pressed at Optimal Media in Germany Using Direct Metal Mastering technology
First Reissue in More Than 20 Years
London Symphony Orchestra
Sir Charles Mackerras, conductor
Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
Nutcracker - Complete Ballet
Act I: First Tableau
2. Scene 1: The Christmas Tree
3. Scene 2: March
4. Scene 3: Children's Galop & Arrival of The Guests
5. Scene 4: Dance Scene & Arrival Of Drosselmeyer
6. Scene 5: Scene & Grandfather's Dance
1. Scene 6: The Magic Spell Begins
2. Scene 7: The Battle Between The Nutcracker & The Mouse King
3. Scene 8: Scene In The Pine Forest [Journey Through the Snow]
4. Scene 9: Waltz Of The Snowflakes (Tiffins Boys Choir directed by Neville Creed)
1. Scene 10: The Magic Castle
2. Scene 11: Clara & The Prince
3. Chocolate: Spanish Dance
4. Coffee: Arabian Dance
5. Tea: Chinese Dance
7. Dance of The Mirlitons
8. Mother Giggle & The Clowns
1. Scene 13: Waltz Of The Flowers
2. Scene 14: Pas de deux
Dance of The Prince & The Sugar Plum Fairy
3. Variation 1: Tarantella
4. Variation 2: Dance of The Sugar Plum Fairy
6. Scene 15: Final Waltz & Apotheosis