The soundtrack to the 1994 film, The Crow. Pressed on black vinyl 2LP with a Crow etching.
The soundtrack features covers, including Nine Inch Nails who cover Joy Division's "Dead Souls", Pantera who cover Poison Idea's "The Badge", and Rollins Band who cover Suicide's "Ghost Rider", which is about a Marvel Comics character. Rage Against The Machine re-recorded their 1991 B-side "Darkness Of Greed" and renamed it "Darkness" for this soundtrack. My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult re-recorded their original song "Nervous Xians" and re-titled it "After The Flesh" for this film. They were also the band onstage during the film's nightclub shootout scene. The Cure also wrote the song "Burn" for the movie. Stone Temple Pilots originally intended to re-record a song off their Mighty Joe Young demo titled "Only Dying", but was never able to after the movie's star Brandon Lee died during production. Medicine re-recorded their song "Time Baby II" for the film's soundtrack album as "Time Baby III", which features guest vocals by Elizabeth Fraser of Cocteau Twins, although the original version is performed by Medicine in the film. "It Can't Rain All The Time" was co-written by Jane Siberry and the film's composer, Graeme Revell, and performed by Siberry.
Great soundtrack or 'the greatest soundtrack'?
- Double LP
- Black Vinyl
- Crow Etching
- Gatefold jacket
- Made in Czech Republic
- The Cure - Burn
- Machines Of Loving Grace - Golgotha Tenement Blues
- Stone Temple Pilots - Big Empty
- Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls
- Rage Against The Machine - Darkness
- Violent Femmes - Color Me Once
- Rollins Band - Ghostrider
- Helmet - Milktoast
- Pantera - The Badge
- For Love Not Lisa - Slip Slide Melting
- My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - After The Flesh
- The Jesus And Mary Chain - Snakedriver
- Medicine - Time Baby III
- Jane Siberry - It Can't Rain All The Time