While the Dutch Swing College Band has been on the block for quite some years, 72 to be precise, the history of jazz goes back more than 100 years. Exactly a century ago the musicians of the Original Dixieland Jass Band were the first to record a jazz track, thereby adding their part to jazz history. In honor of these men, and with great love of the musical genre, the Dutch Swing College Band recorded this long playing record. It's actually the first one in 30 years, as opposed to modern digital releases of the group's albums.
100 Years Of Jazz returns to an era when this wonderful music was born, featuring a comprehensive collection of traditional jazz standards. All tracks are analogue recordings completed in one single session. The tunes "Soprano Mood", "Strange Peach" and "Doghouse Blues" were written by Peter Schilperoort, the founding father of the Dutch Swing College Band, and first released in 1948. The opening track "Original Dixieland One Step" was on the first 78rpm jazz record ever released, back in 1917.
The Dutch Swing College Band hopes you enjoy listening to this reel to reel tape as much as they enjoyed recording it. But even more than that they are thrilled by the idea that musicians and listeners, together, are adding their part to the future of jazz!
Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape. Exceptional Audiophile Sound as close to the Original Master Reference Quality as possible. This album on reel to reel tape is transferred directly from Master Reel To Reel Recording.
This Premium High-End Audiophile recording on tape is carefully copied from a Philips EL3501 master recorder to 6 Philips N4522 recorders. STS Analog recording studio copy with CCIR equalization with reference level 320 nWb/m on halftrack 1/4" LPR35 Recording The Masters' tape. Deliver on a specially made silver or golden aluminium empty reel spool with a cutout STS logo (3X).
STS Analog recording studio did their utmost best to give you the best quality possible, but remember it is analogue technology, there will be always some noise floor (they don't use Dolby) because it will kill the music enjoyment. Please listen with love for that old-fashioned analogue recording technique.
** It is standard practice in all recording studios to keep the tape "tail out". This reduces "pre-echo" and it means that the tape should be placed on the right hand side of the recorder, re-wound and then played.
- 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape
- Pure Analogue Recording
- Carefully copied from a Philips EL3501 master recorder to 6 Philips N4522 recorders
- Analogue Tape Copies from the original analogue master tape
- Tape copy with CCIR equalization with reference level 320 nWb/m on halftrack 1/4" LPR35 tape from (Recording The Masters)
- Duration Each Tape: Approx. 30 minutes
- Special made silver or golden aluminum reel with a cut out STS logo
- High-class cardboard box features production cover picture labeled to the box
- Box is reminiscent of glorious pre-recorded tapes of the '70s and their 7" boxes
- Quality control certificate included - includes tracklist & description of tape copy process
- EQ: 320 nWb
- Half-track format
- Speed: 15ips
|Bob Kaper||clarinet, alto saxophone|
|David Lukács||clarinet, soprano sax, tenor sax, baritone sax|
|Frenk van Meeteren||guitar, banjo|
|Adrie Braat||double bass|
- Original Dixieland One Step
- Memphis Blues
- Soprano Mood
- Apex Blues
- Big Butter And Egg Man
- Strange Peach
- Clarinet Marmalade
- Doghouse Blues
- Duff Campbell's Revenge
- Basin Street Blues
- Fidgety Feed