Following the success of The Flaming Lips breakthrough album The Soft Bulletin in 1999, there was a demand for outtakes and other related non-album tracks by fans of the band at radio and in the media. To satisfy this demand Scott Booker, the band's long-time manager, compiled a playlist and burned home-made CDs of rare and interesting tracks which were selectively distributed by Scott and Warner Records.
The 13-track compilation featured outtakes from The Soft Bulletin, including unreleased songs, single B-sides from around the world, alternate mixes and a cover version. It also notably included stereo versions of tracks from Zaireeka - the legendary 4-CD album preceding The Soft Bulletin that required 4 separate audio systems for playback so the consumer could experience the full album.
Originally released in 1999 as a promotional CD-R, this collection of alternate mixes and non-album tracks bridges the gap between the band's experimental hijinks and pop instincts.
- Limited Edition
- Double LP
- Silver Vinyl
- First vinyl pressing of rare handmade promo-only compilation
- Soft Bulletin outtakes, stereo versions of Zalreeka tracks & unreleased songs from the era
- Made in Czech Republic
- Thirty-Five Thousand Feet Of Despair
- 1000 ft Hands (Early Mix)
- Riding To Work In The Year 2025 (Your Invisible Now)
- Buggin' (Lips Mix)
- A Machine In India
- Okay I'll Admit That I Really Don't Understand
- The Captain
- Satellite Of You
- The Spiderbite Song (Early Mix)
- Slow Motion (Early Mix)
- 1000 ft Hands (Final Mix)
- Little Hands (Rough Mix)
- The Big Ol' Bug Is The New Baby Now