This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
The Harbour Jazzband was founded in 1956 in Rotterdam and is one of the oldest playing classic jazzbands in Holland. Named after Europe's largest main port, the Harbour Jazzband plays classic jazz and swing in the Chicago style of Eddie Condon, Bix Beiderbecke, Bobby Hackett, Billy Butterfield, Ernie Caceres and Fats Waller. The band's long-lasting line up includes leader and trombone player Flip Robers, who joined the band in 1978; Jan Wouter Alt, who played from 1987-1990 and 1991 -1995 then rejoined the orchestra in 2008 together with Ton Hameeteman; and Ludo Deckers, Hans Verheul and Matthijs Willering, who joined the band in 1990/1991.
The band features trumpet, trombone, two reeds, guitar/banjo, piano, double bass and drums, and their sets are inspired by the the famous Eddie Condon Town Hall Concerts of 1944 and 1945.
This Tape is carefully copied from a Philips EL3501 master recorder to 6 Philips N4522 recorders. STS Digital copies with CCIR equalization with reference level 320 nWb/m on halftrack 1/4" LPR35 tape from Recording the Masters. Delivered on a special made silver or golden aluminum reel with a cut out STS logo (3X). STS Digital does their utmost to give you the best quality possible, but remember it is analogue technology, there will always be some noise floor (they don't use Dolby) because it will kill the music enjoyment. Please listen with love for that old-fashioned analogue recording technique. Make sure that you clean your heads regularly for optimal frequency response.
** It is standard practice in all recording studios to keep the tape "tail out". This reduces "pre-echo" and it means that the tape should be placed on the right hand side of the recorder, re-wound and then played.
- 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape Made from the Original Master Tape
- Pure Analogue Recording
- Carefully Copied From a Philips EL3501 Master Recorder to 6 Philips N4522 Recorders
- Analogue Tape Copies from Original Analogue Masters
- CCIR Equalization with Reference Level 320 nWb/m on Halftrack 1/4" LPR35 Tape from Recording the Masters
- Duration Each Tape: Approx. 30 minutes
- Specially Made Silver or Golden Aluminum Reel with a Cut Out STS Logo
- High-class Cardboard Box Features Production Cover Picture Labeled to the Box
- Quality Control Certificate - Includes Tracklist & Description of Tape Copy Process
- EQ: 320 nWb
- Half-track Format
- Speed: 15ips
- Memphis Blues (Tune) - W.C. Handy
- Black & Blue - Waller/Brooks / Razaf (arr. M.D.)
- My Melancholy Baby - Burnett/Norton (arr. M.D.)
- Heebie Jeebies - Corney / Stothart / Grey
- Stars Fell on Alabama - Frank Perkins / Parish
- Mama's Gone Goodbye - Bocage Piron
- Somebody Loves Me - George Gershwin
- Keepin' Out of Misschief Now - Fats Waller
- Potato Head Blues - Louis Armstrong
- Wherever There's Love - Roberts/Roman (arr. Robert Veen)