50th Anniversary Stereo Edition 180g Vinyl LP!
Celebrated 1968 Masterpiece!
2018 Stereo Remaster by Kevin Gray!
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rated 384/500!
Somewhat overlooked upon its release in November 1968, The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society is now seen as one of the best British albums ever recorded.
Created in difficult circumstances by a band who refused to follow fashion, it is an album of timeless, perfectly crafted songs about growing up and growing old, and the decline of national culture and traditional ways. Enduring and unsurpassed, with its wit, sadness, quiet anger, regret and charm, it is generally considered the high point of The Kinks' outstanding career and Ray Davies' masterpiece.
A calm, nostalgic album which feels like a sweet, hazy dream but with endless layers of musical and lyrical innovation, the Village Green Preservation Society's defiantly British sensibilities became the foundation of generations of British guitar pop.
God Save the Village Green!
- 50th Anniversary Stereo Edition
- 180g Vinyl
- 2018 Stereo Remaster by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio, Supervised by Andrew Sandoval
- The Art of The Album Series
- Original Gatefold Artwork
- Insert with Photos, Sleeve Notes & Band Quotes
- Manufactured in the EU
- The Village Green Preservation Society
- Do You Remember Walter?
- Picture Book
- Johnny Thunder
- Last Of The Steam-Powered Trains
- Big Sky
- Sitting By The Riverside
- Animal Farm
- Village Green
- Phenomenal Cat
- All Of My Friends Were There
- Wicked Annabella
- People Take Pictures Of Each Other