This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings presents Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade, performed by the National Symphony Orchestra featuring Katerina Nazarova and conducted by Anthony Inglis. Recorded at Henry Wood Hall in London.
"Our tapes are always recorded from the original copy master, to give you the closest approach to the original recording." - Mike & Francoise Valentine
** It is standard practice in all recording studios to keep the tape "tail out". This reduces "pre-echo" and it means that the tape should be placed on the right hand side of the recorder, re-wound and then played.
The feeling of space is palpable. To use another visual metaphor, you can 'see' the hall and the whole orchestra. From the tiniest sound, through the most sweet and seductive solo, to the most thunderous crescendo, that piercing clarity remains, each time triggering a visual impression as well as a sonic one. It's a hi-fi triumph and, as such, any budding audiophile should hear this.
- 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape Made from the Original Master Tape
- 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
- Original Master Tape Recorded at 30ips Onto ½" Tape
- Copy Master Made Using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
- Machines Are Connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for Highest Transfer Quality
- All Tapes Use CCIR/IEC Equalization
- Created Using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
- Housed in Heavy Duty Professional Box
- Transferred and Monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
- Recorded at the Henry Wood Hall, London
|The National Symphony Orchestra|
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908)
- The Sea and Sinbad's Ship
- The Story of The Kalendar Prince
- The Young Prince and Princess
- Festival - The Sea - Sinbad's Ship