Demo price only $780! Originally $1045, you save $265!
The S-Series TA-0.5 belt drive turntable is available in two versions. #18395 comes equipped with a 9? bamboo tone arm. #20489 is a fully complete out of the box turntable complete with standard 9? bamboo tone arm, cartridge and built in MM phono section. Both versions feature a bamboo plinth soaked in hemp oil sealed with bees wax, leveling legs, brass pulley, bronze collar spike bearing with an ABEC7 Carbonized Ceramic Ball Bearing and a aluminum sub platter with bronze shaft.
- Plinth: 3 Ply Bamboo laminate 19.05mm (3/4?)
- Motor: Single 24 Pole Synchronous AC Motor
- Pulley: Brass Pulley
- Speed: 33.3 & 45 rpm
- Drive: Belt Drive
- Platter: 3-ply Bamboo Laminate 19.05mm (3/4?)
- Sub Platter: Aluminum Sub Platter with Steel Shaft
- Legs: Leveling Legs
- Bearing: Bronze Collar Bearing with ABEC7 Carbonized Ceramic Ball Bearing
- Dimensions: H 15.5cm x W 40.9cm x L 33.3cm / 8 1/4? x 16? x 32.39?
- Phono Amp: 5mv, 47ohm Cartridges
- MM/MC: MM only
- Bypass Switch: Phono Bypass Switch for use with an external phono amp.
The S Series 9 (222mm) arm comes pre mounted on either version of the S series turntable. The tone arm features the same handmade bamboo design, soaked in hemp and sealed in bees wax as Tri-Art's table design.
- Material: Three Ply Bamboo Laminate 12mm
- Settings: VTA & Azimuth Adjustments
- Anti-Skate Adjust: Passive Anti-Skate
- Bearing Assembly: Bronze with Brass Collar Spike and Synthetic, High Viscosity Grease Bearing
- Arm Base: Bamboo Supports on Plyinth
- Wiring: Cardas Wire 33 AWG Uninterrupted from Headshell Clips to Brass Female RCA with Silver Plated Cartridge Clips
- Level: Micro Bubble Level Included
- Arm Length: 9 / 222 mm
- Tone Arm Mass: 10g
S-Series Cartridge Details
The S-Series is Tri-Art's entry level cartridge. It has been designed to avoid using non-musical materials such as plastic and pressed tin bodies. The cartridge is hand assembled with a solid bamboo body and guard. The use of local sheep wool and a special crushed nepheline finish (part of the quartz family) suspended in resin, is carefully assembled to produce a natural sounding cartridge. The result is a smooth and quiet, extremely musical, tonally neutral sound. While the S-Series cartridge was designed with the budget conscious audiophile in mind, the listener is rewarded with performance usually reserved for higher priced cartridges.
- Type: Moving Magnet
- Stylus: Ellipitcal Bonded
- Cantilever: Aluminium Pipe
- Load Impedance (recommended): 47 k ohms
- Load Capacitance (recommended): 100-200 pF
- Freq Response: 20-22,000 Hz
- Output V: 4.0mV
- Channel Separation: 20db (1khz)
- Body: Bamboo
- Coating: Nepheline
- Insulation: Sheep Wool
- Weight: 5.2 grams
- Replacement Stylus: Retipping available
- Cartridge Mounting: Kit Yes