True Transmission Technology • Hybrid Design • Halogen Free
Available since 1982, the van de Hul D-102 Series has been upgraded 24 times! But this time it's gone HYBRID. Van de Hul combined their Linear Structured Carbon® technology with strands from their highly-acclaimed 3T technology into the new D-102 III Hybrid.
3 Layer Shielding and Immaculate Attention to Detail
The 2 center conductors are made of 40 dense, silver-coated strands made of high-grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC. Over each center conductor an extra Linear Structured Carbon® (LSC) saturated layer is applied. This extra layer of LSC greatly improves the quality of signal transmission by performing electrical bridging on micro-scale and by converting the external magnetic field close to the conductors back into an electrical signal.
4 strands of 3T are integrated into the cable. 3T True Transmission Technology offers higher resolution and detail compared to any other metal technology.
The resistance of each center conductor is 5.5 Ohm/100 meter.
The capacitance between the 2 internal conductors is a very low 37 pF/meter; in balanced operation, even in rather high impedant circuitry, the overall losses and/or phase-shift remain very low.
In unbalanced operation the two internal conductors can simply be taken together with the shield acting as the signal return, though the better and preferred layout (which van de Hul apply) has the shield only connected to signal ground at the signal source side (marked by a ground-end marking sticker) and one of the internal conductors functions as signal return.
- The warm yellow-orange colored jacket is made of van de Hul's HULLIFLEX®.
- 4 strands of 3T have been applied into the design. 3T: True Transmission Technology offers a much higher resolution and detail compared to any other metal technology used today.
- The insulation of the two center conductors is made of polyethylene foam; one in white, the other in brown.
- Surrounding the center conductors, special treated artificial filler fibbers provide a perfect protection against losses caused by increased humidity over a longer period.
- The triple shielding consists of 2 helical layers with a total of 180 dense and very pure silver coated strands made of a very high grade of Matched Crystal (MC) OFC with an extra layer of LSC saturated tape in between.
|Available versions||Balanced (XLR), Unbalanced (RCA)|
|Conductor material||Silver with 4 strands of 3T|
|Standard sales unit||Packed in box starting from 0.8m. Custom lengths available on request and deliverable on reel.|