This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Classical pianist Vladimir Ashkenazy performs Beethoven's 5 Concertos on this 5-disc SHM-SACD set. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra is conducted by Sir Georg Solti.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
- 3 Disc Set
- Super High Material Super Audio CD
- SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
- Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
- Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
- This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
- Made in Japan
|Chicago Symphony Orchestra|
|Sir Georg Solti||conductor|