Leon Russell was one of the most esteemed studio session men in rock history, having appeared on an eye-popping number of records by legends such as Jerry Lee Lewis, Bobby Darin, Phil Spector, Frank Sinatra, the Byrds, and the Beach Boys. Russell's solo work benefited from his amazing collaborators, as the likes of George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson, various Rolling Stones and others helped Russell put the finishing touches on his albums through the years. The 'master of space and time,' Russell blended together Southern soul, gospel, country, rock and piano-man singer/songwriter stylings.
A Song for Leon celebrates Leon's life and career, consisting of iconic acts such as Pixies, Orville Peck, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, U.S. Girls featuring Bootsy Collins and other incredible artists. Showcasing the impact of Leon Russell's songs, A Song for Leon is meant to educate experienced Leon Russell fans by highlighting other versions of his music, but also bring new fans into the fold by highlighting how many of today's rising musicians have taken inspiration from him.
- Limited Edition First Pressing - 7,500 Copies
- Mango Color Vinyl
- Stranger in a Strange Land - Margo Price
- Out in the Woods - Durand Jones & the Indications
- Tight Rope - Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats
- This Masquerade - Orville Peck
- Superstar - U.S. Girls with Bootsy Collins
- Crystal Closet Queen - Pixies
- A Song for You - Monica Martin
- Back to the Island - Bret McKenzie with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
- Laying Right Here in Heaven - Tina Rose, Amy Nelson, Jason Hill
- Prince of Peace - Hiss Golden Messenger