Grammy-winning violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter releases her collaborative album with legendary film composer John Williams, Across the Stars - The Music of John Williams. Williams adapted his beloved scores from films such as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Star Wars, Schindler's List, and more specifically for Mutter. This album was recorded at Sony Pictures Studios with John Williams conducting The Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles.
"There is only one John Williams," said Anne-Sophie Mutter. "What he writes is just extraordinary. Every time I go to one of his films and there is a violin or cello, I think, I would like to play that! And now I have his wonderful translations of all these iconic themes." She added it was a "a tremendous honour" to work so closely with John Williams - and that the recording conditions for this album were the finest since she collaborated with Herbert von Karajan.
"These are melodies which touch us so deeply, they just stay with you," said Mutter. "That's the wonderful thing about John's music - even without the film it has a life of its own."
"For me, this is an incredible adventure," responded the composer. "For Anne-Sophie to play my themes is an honor for me. Presented on the violin, they become a very different emotional experience."
- 180g Vinyl
- 45rpm Vinyl
- Double LP with CD
- Gatefold jacket
- Made in Germany
|The Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles|
- Rey's Theme (from Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
- Yoda's Theme (from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back)
- Hedwig's Theme (from Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone)
- Across The Stars (Love Theme) (from Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones)
- Donnybrook Fair (from Far And Away)
- Sayuri's Theme (from Memoirs Of A Geisha)
- Night Journeys (from Dracula)
- Theme (from Sabrina)
- The Duel (from The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn)
- Luke And Leia (from Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi)
- Nice To Be Around (from Cinderella Liberty)
- Theme (from Schindler's List)