This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Revolutionary in its time, 'The Firebird' is a story in musical textures and dynamics perfectly suited to the Mercury technique. Dorati and the London Symphony Orchestra present each nuance in perfect scale and balance. Recorded in London at Watford Town Hall in June 1959 with Schoeps M201 micrphones. Decca Classics presents the Mercury Living Presence Series, a new audiophile series of vinyl mastered at half-speed and featuring precision HD transfers of the original first-generation tapes
A Note About Listening Levels
Mercury Living Presence recordings are highly dynamic, pushing the technical capabilities of the original recording equipment to the limit. In a modern setting, especially in the context of a Half-Speed Mastered LP, the full dynamic range on the tapes makes its way to the grooves.
This may require the listener to turn up the system volume to a higher level than they may be accustomed to.
All efforts were made to present these discs on quiet, high-quality vinyl, so listening at "concert hall levels" should not include an objectionable increase in background surface noise.
Turn it up, experience the 3D sound field, and enjoy the lifelike dynamics; put yourself in the Living Presence of the music!
- The Mercury Living Presence Series
- Audiophile Vinyl
- Half-Speed Mastered at Abbey Road Studios
- Precision HD Transfers from the Original First-Generation Tapes
- Made in Germany
|The London Symphony Orchestra|
Igor Fyodorovich Stravinsky (1882-1971)
The Firebird (L'Oiseau de feu) - Ballet (1910)
- Kashchei's enchanted garden
- Appearance of the Firebird pursued by Prince Ivan
- Dance of the Firebird
- Ivan Tsarevich captures the Firebird
- Supplication of the Firebird
- Appearance of the thirteen enchanted Princesses
- Game of the Princesses with the golden apples
- Sudden appearance of Ivan Tsarevich
- Round dance of the Princesses
- Magic carillon, appearance of Kashchei
- Arrival of Kashchei
- Dialogue between Ivan Tsarevich and Kashchei
- Intercession of the Princesses
- Intervention of the Firebird
- Dance of Kashchei's retinue
- Infernal dance of all Kashchei's subjects
- Lullaby of the Firebird
- Kashchei's awakening
- Kashchei's death - Darkness
- Collapse of Kashchei's palace