The now legendary Beck Song Reader--twenty Beck compositions previously released exclusively as stunningly illustrated sheet music in partnership with McSweeneys--receives a long awaited traditional release as a vinyl compilation album by Warby Parker/Capitol Records, produced by Beck and Randall Poster, known for his music supervision work with directors Wes Anderson, Martin Scorsese, Sam Mendes and many others.
The 20-track allstar collection features exclusively recorded versions of Song Reader charts by the likes of Jack White, Jeff Tweedy, David Johansen, Jason Isbell, Fun., Eleanor Friedberger, and several more including Beck himself.
The Warby Parker release of Beck Song Reader marks the first officially recorded incarnation of the project, which has already inspired interpretations from hundreds of musicians the world over. The record includes the studio-quality debut of songs previously only played live either by Beck himself or at one of the handful of Song Reader concerts staged over the last two years. Including the presentation by the L.A. Philharmonic in partnership with McSweeneys and Warby Parker at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles on November 24, 2013. Described by The Los Angeles Times as an expertly delivered and received night... another big step in Beck's long, fascinating evolution, the shows highlights included Jarvis Cockers interpretively danced Why Did You Make Me Care?" and Jack Blacks borderline frightening We All Wear Cloaks, the latter of which makes its recorded debut on the Beck Song Reader album.
Includes a download code to access the entire album as 320kbps MP3s
LP 1 - Side 1:
1. Title Of This Song - Moses Sumney
2. Please Leave A Light On When You Go - Fun.
3. The Wolf Is On The Hill - Tweedy
4. Just Noise - Norah Jones
5. Last Night You Were A Dream - Lord Huron
LP 1 - Side 2:
1. Saint Dude - Bob Forrest
2. Im Down - Jack White
3. Heavens Ladder - Beck
4. Dont Act Like Your Heart Isnt Hard - Juanes
5. Sorry - Laura Marling
LP 2 - Side 3:
1. Eyes That Say I Love You - Jarvis Cocker
2. Rough On Rats - David Johansen
3. Now That Your Dollar Bills Have Sprouted Wings - Jason Isbell
4. The Last Polka - Marc Ribot
5. Old Shanghai - Eleanor Friedberger
LP 2 - Side 4:
1. Why Did You Make Me Care? - Sparks
2. America, Heres My Boy - Swamp Dogg
3. We All Wear Cloaks - Jack Black
4. Do We? We Do - Loudon Wainwright III
5. Mutilation Rag - Gabriel Kahane with Ymusic