Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Benny Golson, who came to the attention of the jazz public with Tadd Dameron's band and Dizzy Gillespie's orchestra, was a member of the Jazztet the group he had formed with Art Farmer at the time of this recording. Farmer is not with him in this recording but another Jazztet-mate, trombonist Curtis Fuller, is. Although this session is not as structured as the three-horn efforts of the Jazztet, there is a balance between blowing and Golson's writing that makes for a felicitous blend, whether on Golson's own "My Blues House," Gene Krupa's old burner, "Drum/Boogie," or Jerome Kern's "Yesterdays." And with Art Blakey on drums things cook when they have to, and simmer at the right moments. With Curtis Fuller, Ray Bryant, Paul Chambers and Art Blakey.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Benny Golson, tenor sax
Curtis Fuller, trombone
Ray Bryant, piano
Paul Chambers, bass
Art Blakey, drums
1. My Blues House
3. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
1. The Stroller