Featuring Moby, RAC, Tropkillaz, DJDS, The Crystal Method, Paul Oakenfold & More!
More than 30 years after his groundbreaking Vital Idol compilation cemented the vibrancy of the dance-rock remix genre in the second half of the 1980s, Billy Idol's Revitalized collection features 11 brand-new remixes of Idol's most enduring hits. Lending their hands to the Revitalized proceedings are electronic dance luminaries Moby, The Crystal Method and Paul Oakenfold as well as current innovators including RAC, Tropkillaz, Shiba San, Juan Maclean and CRAY.
Vital Idol, initially released in Britain in 1985 and subsequently issued in the United States in 1987, was the first remix record released by a rock superstar. Besides being certified platinum, Vital Idol was accompanied by a version of "Mony Mony" that reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart, as well as hitting the Top 10 on the UK Singles chart.
Highlights found within the grooves of Revitalized include The Crystal Method's percussive, explosive stab at "Rebel Yell", CRAY's bass-and-keyboard-blessed "White Wedding", Tropkillaz's trop-house framing of "Eyes Without A Face", St. Francis Hotel's shimmering stop/start reshaping of "Flesh For Fantasy", and RAC's retro-harmonic, fist-pumping "Dancing With Myself".
• 180g Vinyl
• Double LP
• Gatefold jacket
1. White Wedding (CRAY Remix)
2. Dancing With Myself (RAC Remix)
3. Eyes Without A Face (Tropkillaz Remix)
1. Rebel Yell (The Crystal Method Remix)
2. (Do Not) Stand In The Shadows (Moby Remix)
1. Flesh For Fantasy (St. Francis Hotel Remix)
2. Catch My Fall (Juan Maclean Remix)
3. One Breath Away (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
1. To Be A Lover (DJDS Remix)
2. Don't Need A Gun (Shiba San Remix)
3. Hot In The City (Shotgun Mike Remix)