Black Sabbath is an English rock band formed in Birmingham in 1968. Originally formed as a blues rock band, the group soon adopted the Black Sabbath moniker and began incorporating occult themes with horror-inspired lyrics and tuned-down guitars. Despite an association with these two themes, Black Sabbath also composed songs dealing with social instability, political corruption, the dangers of drug abuse and apocalyptic prophecies of the horrors of war.
Sabbath's sweeping and masterful metamorphosis away from that tradition spawned heavy metal music, inventing the template for everything that would follow. With crushing rhythms, torpedo riffs, haunting songs, and Ozzy's other-worldly vocals, the band conjured a dark, menacing, and resonant sound that reverberates still.
Black Sabbath is often cited as pioneers of heavy metal music. The band helped define the genre, were ranked by MTV as the "Greatest Metal Band" of all time, and placed second in VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" list. Rolling Stone magazine ranked them number 85 in their "100 Greatest Artists of All Time". They have sold over 70 million records worldwide. Black Sabbath was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006. They have also won two Grammy Awards for Best Metal Performance.
Recorded during the "Dio years," Mob Rules is presented here as a newly remastered version, with bonus tracks including live, rare, and unreleased material. Heaven And Hell, another Dio-era classic, is also being released on March 5th in a deluxe format. The Mob Rules release includes a new mix of "The Mob Rules," selections from Live At Hammersmith Odeon, and a live track recorded in Portland in 1982.
- Deluxe Edition
- Double Vinyl LP
- Rare & Unreleased Tracks
- Turn Up The Night
- The Sign Of The Southern Cross
- The Mob Rules
- Country Girl
- Slipping Away
- Falling Off The Edge Of The World
- Over And Over
- The Mob Rules (Heavy Metal Soundtrack Version) [2021 Remaster]
- Die Young (Live B-Side)
- The Mob Rules (2019 Remix)
- The Sign of the Southern Cross (Live at Portland Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR, 4/22/1982)
- Country Girl (Live at the Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK, 12/31/1981)
- Slipping Away (Live at the Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK, 12/31/1981)
- The Mob Rules (Live at the Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK, 12/31/1981)
- Voodoo (Live at the Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK, 12/31/1981)