The four original members of Blues Traveler, who have known each other since their early teens--John Popper, Chandler Kinchla, the late Bobby Sheehan and Brendan Hill--gathered over 25 years ago in the basement of their drummer's parents' house in New Jersey and the seeds were born for an Grammy award-winning band.
After selling millions of records and logging thousands of miles on the road, GRAMMY award-winning band Blues Traveler continue to chart new musical directions evident on their latest record Blow Up the Moon. A clever collaboration between various artists, Blow Up The Moon sees Blues Traveler keep an open-minded perspective on making music and enlists an eclectic mix of songwriters influenced by the bands remarkable 25+ year career.
Blow Up the Moon is the first collaborative album that Blues Traveler has ever made. Prior to these sessions, it was rare for the band to have someone else perform on their songs and even more rare to have anyone outside the band write with them. This process was a unique and successful experience for each of these artists who each found new depths and energy in their writing and performance. Blow Up the Moon is an exciting collaboration featuring a range of artists across the spectrum, representing country, pop, reggae, and hip-hop.
We wanted to experiment with co-writing since we usually try to do everything in-house, in this misguided homage to The Beatles, says singer John Popper. Blow Up the Moon allowed Blues Traveler to expand their musical palette while holding the foundation of their distinct and explosive brand of rock. We found quality writers to see what they could bring to us as a band, and also people who could see our strengths, something thats hard to see for yourself.
Blow Up The Moon features collaborating artists Thompson Square, Plain White Ts, 3OH!3, Dirty Heads and Rome Ramirez (Sublime), Hanson, Jewel, Secondhand Serenade, JC Chasez (*NSYNC), Bowling for Soup, New Hollow and Thomas Ian Nicholas.
The concept for Blow Up the Moon came about when the band was commemorating the 20th anniversary of their six-times platinum, award-winning and breakthrough album Four. Once the idea was put out there, the thing took on a life of its own, says guitarist Chan Kinchla. We had so much fun reinvigorating our songwriting. This was an organic process that worked.
Includes free download card
LP 1 - Side 1:
1. Hurricane Blues Traveler and 3OH!3
2. Blow Up the Moon Blues Traveler, 3OH!3, and JC Chasez
3. Castaway Blues Traveler, Dirty Heads, and Rome Ramirez
4. Vagabond Blues Blues Traveler, Dirty Heads, and Rome Ramirez
LP 1 - Side 2:
1. Nikkia's Prom - Blues Traveler and Plain White T's
2. The Darkness We All Need - Blues Traveler and Secondhand Serenade
3. Top of the World - Blues Traveler and Hanson
LP 2 - Side 3:
1. I Can Still Feel You - Blues Traveler and Thompson Square
2. Matador - Blues Traveler and Thompson Square
3. All The Way - Blues Traveler and Thomas Ian Nicholas
4. Hearts Are Still Awake - Blues Traveler and Jewel
LP 2 - Side 4:
1. I Know Right - Blues Traveler and Bowling For Soup
2. Right Here Waiting For You - Blues Traveler and Bowling For Soup
3. Jackie's Baby - Blues Traveler and New Hollow