This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Debbie Harry was a household name back in the late '70s/early '80s through her work with Blondie. For her first solo album she teamed up with Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards of CHIC to produce an album fusing funk, rock, disco and new wave. Their innovative production pre-dated their work with David Bowie and Madonna. Released in 1981, KooKoo went on to be a gold-selling album selling half a million copies in America alone. The album contained two hit singles, "Backfired" and "The Jam Was Moving."
The iconic sleeve design by Swiss artist H.R. Giger, known for his work on the Alien movie, has been restored and represented here as a limited edition lenticular sleeve design showing Debbie with and without Giger's art. The audio for this release has been mastered from the original pre-production tapes and cut at half-speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios. Includes five bonus tracks not on the original pressing.
- Numbered, Limited Edition - 6,000 Copies
- 180g Vinyl
- Crystal Clear Vinyl
- Double LP
- Half-Speed Mastered by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios from the Original Pre-Production Tapes
- Single Pocket Lenticular Sleeve Design
- Five Bonus Tracks
- Art Print
- Made in the Czech Republic
- Jump Jump
- The Jam Was Moving
- Inner City Spillover
- Now I Know You Know
- Under Arrest
- Military Rap
- Backfired (Extended Version)
- The Jam Was Moving (Extended Version)
- Inner City Spillover (Extended Version)
- Backfired (Bruce Forrest & Frank Heller Remix)
- The Jam Was Moving (Chris Stein & Debbie Harry Remix)