Master Prepared For Vinyl by Friday Music's Joe Reagoso!
Pressed at RTI!
2014 was truly a successful year for the classic rock legends The Doobie Brothers. After recording the past 4 decades with a plethora of high charting rock masterpieces, they returned to the studio for the first time in years with original founders Tom Johnston and Patrick Simmons, along with latter day superstar alumni Michael McDonald and John McFee and delivered the amazing country rock infused Southbound. As a Southern tribute to their American roots, a handful of today's country and pop superstars like Zac Brown Band, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Huey Lewis and Sara Evans joined The Doobie Brothers for incredible revisits of their biggest hit songs. This session revitalized another stunning chapter for the Doobie franchise as the album became a sensation, proving itself a homerun in both the pop (16) & country charts (7) upon its release.
As with the continuing expansion into The Doobie Brothers catalog, Friday Music is very pleased to announce the first time ever audiophile vinyl release of Southbound. The limited edition 180 Gram Translucent Gold Swirl Vinyl masterwork is impeccably mastered by longtime fan and friend Joe Reagoso (Doobie Brothers/Chicago/Boz Scaggs). This comes with all of the great tunes that brought this album to top of the charts like the rockin' LP opener "Black Water" with Zac Brown Band , "Listen To The Music" with Blake Shelton and a stunning reprise of "What A Fool Believes" with both Michael McDonald and Sara Evans sharing the center stage. More duets energize the album like the hard drivin sound of "Long Train Runnin'" with Toby Keith and Huey Lewis along for the ride, as well as Brad Paisley joining in the fun on "Rockin' Down The Highway" and The Voice's Blake Shelton nailing down an impeccable duet with the band on "Listen To The Music."
As another feature of this limited edition release, Friday Music have also included for the first time a striking gatefold LP cover art presentation, along with a poster insert to further enhance your Doobie Brothers collectable.
• Limited Edition
• 180g Audiophile Vinyl
• Translucent Gold Swirl Vinyl
• Master prepared for vinyl by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios
• Gatefold jacket
• Pressed at RTI
• Poster insert
1. Black Water (with Zac Brown Band)
2. Listen To The Music (with Blake Shelton and Hunter Hayes on guitar)
3. What A Fool Believes (with Sara Evans)
4. Long Train Runnin' (with Toby Keith and Huey Lewis on harmonica)
5. China Grove (with Chris Young)
6. Takin' It To The Streets (with Love And Theft)
1. Jesus Is Just Alright (with Casey James)
2. Rockin' Down The Highway (with Brad Paisley)
3. Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me) (with Tyler Farr)
4. South City Midnight Lady (with Jerrod Niemann)
5. You Belong To Me (with Amanda Sudano Ramirez of the band Johnnyswim with Vince Gill on guitar)
6. Nobody Intro
7. Nobody (with Charlie Worsham)