Limited Edition 180g Red & Orange Swirl Vinyl LP!
Master Prepared For Vinyl by Friday Music's Joe Reagoso!
Pressed at RTI!
"Southbound" was truly a successful venture for the classic rock legends The Doobie Brothers. After decades of recording a plethora of high charting rock masterpieces, they returned to the studio for the first time in years with original founders Tom Johnston and Patrick Simmons, along with latter day superstar alumni Michael McDonald and John McFee and delivered the amazing country rock infused "Southbound."
As a Southern tribute to their American roots, a handful of today's country and rock superstars like Zac Brown Band, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Huey Lewis and Sara Evans joined The Doobie Brothers for incredible revisits of their biggest hit songs. This session revitalized another stunning chapter for the Doobie franchise as the original CD only release became a sensation, proving itself a home run in both the pop (16) & country charts (7) upon its release.
To celebrate their 50th Anniversary Tour, Friday Music is very pleased to announce the first time ever Red & Orange Swirl audiophile vinyl release of "Southbound."
The super limited edition 180 Gram Vinyl masterwork is impeccably mastered by longtime fan and friend Joe Reagoso (Doobie Brothers/Chicago/Boz Scaggs) This amazing LP comes with all of the great tunes that brought this album to top of the charts like the rockin' opener "Black Water" with Zac Brown Band, "Listen To The Music" with Blake Shelton and a stunning reprise of "What A Fool Believes" with both Michael McDonald and Sara Evans sharing the center stage.
More duets energize the album like the hard drivin' sound of "Long Train Runnin'" with Toby Keith and Huey Lewis along for the ride, as well as Brad Paisley joining in the fun on "Rockin' Down The Highway" and Blake Shelton nailing down an impeccable duet with the band on "Listen To The Music."
As another feature of this limited edition release, Friday Music have also included a striking gatefold LP cover art presentation, along with a huge 12" x 24" poster insert to further enhance your Doobie Brothers 50th Anniversary experience.
- 180g Vinyl
- Red & Orange Swirl Vinyl
- Master prepared for vinyl by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios
- Pressed at RTI
- Gatefold jacket
- 12" x 24" Poster insert
- Black Water (with Zac Brown Band)
- Listen To The Music (with Blake Shelton and Hunter Hayes on guitar)
- What A Fool Believes (with Sara Evans)
- Long Train Runnin' (with Toby Keith and Huey Lewis on harmonica)
- China Grove (with Chris Young)
- Takin' It To The Streets (with Love And Theft)
- Jesus Is Just Alright (with Casey James)
- Rockin' Down The Highway (with Brad Paisley)
- Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me) (with Tyler Farr)
- South City Midnight Lady (with Jerrod Neimann)
- You Belong To Me (with Amanda Sudano Ramirez of the band Johnnyswim and Vince Gill on guitar)
- Nobody Intro
- Nobody (with Charlie Worsham)