Music On Vinyl proudly presents the brand new Ennio Morricone Themes series, a unique collection of the greatest music 'The Maestro' composed for movies over the past 70 years, divided into different Themes.
Psycho is the second in a series of five double vinyl releases that bring together some of Ennio Morricone's greatest soundtrack music. This collection is dedicated to Morricone's work with Italian directors spanning the late 1960s up to the 1980s. These scores accompany some darkly dramatic films, some veering into the realms of horror, like "A Quiet Place In The Country", "The Secret", "Copkiller" and many more. This is Morricone where he feels truly at home, working with the nuances and drama of the Italian psyche as laid bare by Italian filmmakers.
Starting 70 years ago as an arranger for the piece Mamma Bianca, Ennio Morricone is the emperor of scores and soundtracks. Morricone has always been a huge influence for the likes of Hans Zimmer, Danger Mouse, Muse, Metallica and many more musicians. He's one of the most successful composers of all-time, selling over 70 million records and winning dozens of awards.
Psycho is available as a limited edition of 3,000 individually numbered copies on translucent red vinyl. The package includes a 4-page insert with liner notes written by Claudio Fuiano. The gatefold sleeve contains a red-spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside.
- 180g Audiophile Vinyl
- Double LP
- PVC protective sleeve
- Gatefold sleeve with red-spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside
- 4-page insert
- A selection of defining Morricone songs, featured in classic dark thriller & horror movies
- Liner notes by Claudio Fuiano
- Part Two of the Morricone Themes Collection
- Made in the EU
- The spines of the five titles form one image together
- Limited edition of 3000 individually numbered copies on Translucent Red Vinyl
- Second Nebula / Nebulosa Seconda - From "The Secret" / "Il Segreto"
- A Quiet Place In The Country (Suite) / Un Tranquillo Posto Di Campagna (Suite) - From "A Quiet Place In The Country" / "Un Tranquillo Posto Di Campagna"
- Before The Revelation / Prima Della Rivelazione - From "Devil In The Brain" / "Il Diavolo Nel Cervello"
- The Infernal Trio / Il Trio Infernale - From "The Infernal Trio" / "Il Trio Infernale"
- Percussively / Percussivamente - From "Forbidden Photos Of A Lady Above Suspicion" / "Le Foto Proibite Di Una Signora Perbene"
- Copkiller (Symphony Of A City / Sinfonia Di Una Citta') - From "Copkiller"
- Murder On The Lake / Assassinio Sul Lago - From "Night Flight From Moscow" / "Il Serpente"
- Fraction / Frazione - From "Sonic Dimensions" / "Dimensioni Sonore"
- The City Moves / La Citta' Si Muove - From "Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!" / "Legami"
- Thousand Times A Scream / Mille Volte Un Grido - From "Violent City" / "Citta' Violenta"
- Music For 11 Violins / Musica Per 11 Violini - From "A Quiet Place In The Country" / "Un Tranquillo Posto Di Campagna"
- The Scalpel / Il Bisturi - From "Short Night Of Glass Dolls" / "La Corta Notte Delle Bambole Di Vetro"
- She Has Come From The Sea / Venuta Dal Mare - From "Behold Man - The Survivors" / "Ecce Homo - I Sopravvissuti"