Music On Vinyl proudly presents Ennio Morricone Themes, a wonderful and unique collection of the greatest music 'The Maestro' composed for movies over the past 70 years, divided into different Themes. Each Theme centers on a different movie genre; together they allow the listener to rediscover the unmatched genius of the greatest movie composer of all time. Passion is the fifth and final part of this series of five double vinyl releases that bring together some of Ennio Morricone's greatest soundtrack music.
Ennio Morricone composed soundtracks for well over 400 films during his stunning career. No other composer can come close to that total. He did so with a genius and a passion that is unrivalled in film composition; yet looking back over his catalogue, certainly in his more familiar works, it is hard to find one single film that could be categorised as a conventional love story.
However, passion is woven through so much of The Maestro's creations. Not merely by expressing the simple romance of a love story, but evoking passion in a grander sense, that passion that celebrates life, that pushes people to the limit of their endurance or inspires them to the peak of their capabilities. This is passion Italian style, not just reserved for love and affection. Morricone reminds us that everything in Italian life is approached with gusto, energy and passion!
Starting 70 years ago as an arranger for the piece "Mamma Bianca", Ennio Morricone is the emperor of scores and soundtracks. Morricone has always been a huge influence for the likes of Hans Zimmer, Danger Mouse, Muse, Metallica and many more musicians. He was one of the most successful composers of all-time, selling over 70 million records and winning dozens of awards.
Passion is available as a limited edition of 3,000 individually numbered copies on pink and purple marbled vinyl. The package includes a 4-page insert with liner notes written by Claudio Fuiano. The gatefold sleeve contains a diamond glitter foil spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside.
- 180g Audiophile Vinyl
- Double LP
- PVC protective sleeve
- Gatefold sleeve with diamond glitter foil spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside
- 4-page insert
- A selection of defining Morricone songs, featured in classic "Italian Passion" movies
- Liner notes by Claudio Fuiano
- Part Five of the Morricone Themes Collection
- The spines of the five titles form one image together
- Made in the EU
- Limited edition of 3000 individually numbered copies on Pink & Purple Marbled Vinyl
- The Lady Caliph / La Califfa (Titoli) From "Lady Caliph" / "La Califfa"
- Encounter / Incontro From "The Master and Margaret" / "Il Maestro e Margherita"
- You Will See Me Coming Back / Mi Vedrai Tornare (Titoli Di Coda) From "Mi Vedrai Tornare"
- For Love One Dies / Si Muore D'amore From "For Love One Dies" / "D'amore si Muore"
- A Woman To Remember / Una Donna Da Ricordare From "Maddalena"
- This Kind Of Love / Questa Specie D'amore (Titoli) From "This Kind of Love" / "Questa Specie D'amore"
- To Lydia / A Lydia From "Listen, Let's Make Love" / "Scusi, Facciamo L'Amore?"
- Down The Ancient Staircase / Per Le Antiche Scale From "Down The Ancient Staircase" / "Per le Antiche Scale"
- Children Ask Why / I Bambini Ci Chiedono Perche' (Titoli) From "Why" / "I Figli Chiedono Perche'"
- Lullaby For Adulterers / Ninna Nanna Per Adulteri From "Mother's Heart" / "Cuore di Mamma"
- Beyond The Grave Lovers / Amanti d'Oltretomba From "Nightmare Castle" / "Amanti d'Oltretomba"
- Reason, Heart, Love / La Ragione, Il Cuore, L'Amore From "Devil in the Brain" / "Il Diavolo nel Cervello"
- Veruschka From "Veruschka - Poetry of a Woman" / "Veruschka - Poesia di una Donna"
- For Love / Per Amore From "For Love" / "Per Amore"
- Lullaby In Blue / Ninna Nanna In Blu From "Cat o' Nine Tails" / "Il Gatto a Nove Code"
- Trip With Anita / Viaggio Con Anita From "Lovers and Liars" / "Viaggio con Anita"
- What Have You Done To Solange? / Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange? From "What Have You Done to Solange" / "Cosa Avete Fatto a Solange?"
- The Two Seasons Of Life / Le Due Stagioni Della Vita (Titoli) From "The Two Seasons of Life" / "Le Due Stagioni della Vita"
- Maybe That's Enough / Forse Basta From "Around the World with Peynet's Lovers" / "Il Giro del Mondo degli Innamorati di Peynet"
- Portrait Of An Author / Ritratto D'autore From "The Invisible Woman" / "La Donna Invisibile"
- Neighborhood Romance / Romanza Quartiere From "Neighborhood" / "Quartiere"