This album is a superb collection of Frank and friends from a part of Frank's career that's long been underrated. Here, Sinatra scales the jazz summit with Louis Armstrong on "Birth Of The Blues" and does three electrifying collaborations with one of his favorites, Ella Fitzgerald. Ella's voice is at her best in each. Rival Elvis Presley gets the Chairman's respect on a wonderfully playful meeting-of-the-icons medley of "Witchcraft"/"Love Me Tender". The tunes are bright and lively and many benefit from Nelson Riddle's arranging genius. Frank and Dean are great, improvising and playing off one another as always. But wait until you hear "Together" in which Bing joins Dino and Frank for a happy, hilarious threesome.
- 180g Vinyl
- Made in the E.U.
Side A - Frank Sinatra with:
- Sammy Davis Jr. - Me And My Shadow
- Judy Garland - Gotta Be This Or That
- Keely Smith - How Are Ya' Fixed For Love?
- Louis Armstrong - Lonesome Man Blues
- Ella Fitzgerald - Moonlight In Vermont: I May Be Wrong
- Peggy Lee - Nice Work If You Can Get It
- Nat King Cole - Exactly Like You
- Rosemary Clooney - Cherry Pies Ought To Be You
- Pearl Bailey - A Little Learnin' Is A Dangerous Thing, Pts.1 & 2
Side B - Frank Sinatra with:
- Ella Fitzgerald - Can't We Be Friends?
- Dean Martin - The One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else
- Rosemary Clooney - Peachtree Street
- Doris Day - You, My Love
- Louis Armstrong - The Birth Of The Blues
- Peggy Lee - You Brought A New Kind Of Love To Me
- Bing Crosby - Well, Did You Evah?
- Elvis Presley - Witchcraft; Love Me Tender
- Keely Smith - Nothing In Common
- Bing Crosby & Dean Martin - Together