Audiophile Quality Hybrid Mono SACD!
Expanded 70th Anniversary Reissue Of Iconic 1950 Columbia Records LP!
Includes Extra Track Not Found On The 33rpm Vinyl Edition!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
IMPEX Records is pleased to announce the Limited Edition release of Frank Sinatra's iconic 1950 Columbia Records ten-inch LP Sing and Dance with Frank Sinatra. Originally issued in October 1950, the title was the singer's first fully-conceived big-band jazz album to appear on a modern, long-play vinyl record. The 70th-anniversary limited edition SACD/CD hybrid brims with rare, previously unreleased session material, outtakes and alternate vocal takes from the original sessions and offers the exquisite audiophile-quality sound that IMPEX Records is noted for.
Created in cooperation with Sony Music's Legacy Recordings, the new deluxe reissue was produced by noted Sinatra producer, author and historian Charles L. Granata, and restored/remastered by six-time Grammy-winning recording engineer Andreas Meyer. The high-resolution SACD/CD hybrid version was authored by Gus Skinas at Super Audio Center/Sonoma Systems. Included is an extensive, full-color booklet designed by Robert Sliger, featuring a comprehensive historical essay, full discography/personnel listing and detailed technical notes authored by Granata, PLUS a generous array of rare photographs, promotional artwork and unpublished visual ephemera pertaining to the album. The executive producers are Abey Fonn and Bob Bantz.
Rich in musical texture, this essential Sinatra classic - featuring the swing-style arrangements of George Siravo - marked a pivotal moment in 20th-Century pop music history, and represented the singer's transition from tender crooner to hip, swinging sophisticate. These performances offer a flawless snapshot of Sinatra's legendary musical craftsmanship as he reinvents himself for a new direction in his career - one that would hail his unparalleled success of the 1950s and '60s.
For this commemorative release, IMPEX has augmented the album's original eight songs with a dazzling array of PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BONUS TRACKS including alternate takes, orchestra-only tracks and a revealing glimpse of Frank Sinatra in Columbia's famed 30th Street Studio (circa 1949), personally directing every facet of the recording session. This exquisite, high-fidelity session offers the most concise, in-depth illustration of Frank Sinatra working his magic in the studio, and functioning as his own producer.
The IMPEX team has spared no expense or effort in the creation of this milestone recording. In keeping with the prestigious label's reputation for meticulous sound, the 33-RPM vinyl LP has been transferred, restored and mastered in the analog domain from the original 15-ips session tapes: superior-sounding masters that have lain untouched in the Columbia Records vault for more than fifty years. These analog, monophonic tape masters sound spectacular, and shine as never before. The SACD/CD edition has been sourced, restored and remastered from high-resolution digital transfers made concurrently with the LP's analog tape and disc transfers.
In Episode #501 of The Paul Leslie Hour, Paul talks with Charles L. Granata about the new deluxe reissue. "Granata and the team have spared nothing to create an unsurpassed, unprecedented listening experience for audiophiles and Sinatra fans alike. Granata's discourse in this video includes history, the art and science of recording, personal reactions and his lingering curiosities. It's an in-depth look at a milestone recording, something that must be seen and heard to fully appreciate. This interview is an interesting and passionate exchange for the discerning Frank Sinatra fan and anyone lucky enough to hear the reissue!" Read more!
The sourcing, re-mastering and re-mixing process was a herculean accomplishment. The extended liner notes from Granata, a Sinatra author, archivist, radio host and expert, will appeal to those with a historical and/or audio engineering/technological interest. While Sing and Dance with Frank Sinatra offers significant historical value, the performances are as monumentally enjoyable as they are valuable. Displaying vocal and technical perfection, it is an exciting listening experience and certainly one of the finest releases of 2020.
- 70th Anniversary Limited Edition
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Mono SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- Original 8 songs + previously unreleased bonus tracks
- Created in cooperation with Sony Music's Legacy Recordings
- Produced by noted Sinatra producer, author & historian Charles L. Granata & Andreas Meyer
- High-resolution SACD/CD hybrid authored by Gus Skinas at Super Audio Center/Sonoma Systems
- Sourced, restored & remastered from high-resolution digital transfers made concurrently with the LP version's analog tape and disc transfers
- Full-color booklet with essay, full discography/personnel, detailed technical notes, rare photos, promtional artwork & unpublished visual ephemera
- Executive produced by Abey Fonn & Robert Bantz
- Bonus track not included on the 33rpm vinyl edition
The Complete, Original 10-inch Album
- It's Only A Paper Moon
- My Blue Heaven
- It All Depends On You
- You Do Something To Me
- Should I
- The Continental
- When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)
Bonus Tracks, Alternate Takes & Sessions
- Farewell, Farewell To Love (Original Master Tape)
- Deep Night (Original Master Tape)
- It's Only A Paper Moon (Alternate Take)*
- You Do Something To Me (Orchestra Take, false starts + alternate vocal take)*
- American Beauty Rose (Alternate Vocal Take)*
- It All Depends On You (Session + 'Test' Take)*
* Previously Unreleased Recording
Please Note: Due to additional time afforded by the SACD/CD format, this version contains material not included on the 33-RPM vinyl edition.