40th Anniversary Edition 180g Audiophile Vinyl Triple LP!
All Analog Mastering!
Remastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering!
Pressed at Pallas!
In celebration of its eventual release in 1978, this 40th Anniversary edition features all-analog mastering of the original album mix, unavailable since first issued. Plus an additional LP of select bonus content from The Vault and new liner notes from Ruth Underwood, Ray White and Joe Travers. Mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering and pressed at Pallas in Germany on 180gram audiophile grade vinyl.
This anniversary edition of Zappa in New York has been overseen by the Zappa Family Trust and produced by Ahmet Zappa and Joe Travers.
"Given the extended horn solos and free-blowing nature of this band, these live performances represent Zappa's jazziest outing since 1972's The Grand Wazoo..." - Bill Milkowski, The Absolute Sound, July/August 2019
• 40th Anniversary Edition
• Triple LP
• 180g Audiophile Vinyl
• Pressed at Pallas in Germany
• All Analog Mastering of the original album mix, unavailable since first issued
• Bonus LP of select content from The Vault
• Original album newly mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering (2018)
• New liner notes from Ruth Underwood and Ray White
• Triple gatefold
1. Titties & Beer
2. I Promise Not To Come In Your Mouth
3. Big Leg Emma
2. Manx Needs Women
3. The Black Page Drum Solo / Black Page #1
4. Black Page #2
1. Honey, Don't You Want A Man Like Me?
2. The Illinois Enema Bandit
1. The Purple Lagoon
1. Black Napkins
2. Cruisin For Burgers (1977 Mix)
1. The Black Page #2 (Piano Version)
2. I Promise Not To Come In Your Mouth (Alternate Version)
3. Punky's Whips (Unused Version)
4. The Black Page #1 (Piano Version)