George Szell conducts the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, along with soprano Pilar Lorengar, in Complete Incidental Music to Egmont, Op. 84, and the Wiener Philharmoniker in Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67. Recorded December 11-15, 1969, Sofiensäle, Vienna (Egmont), and November 1966, Concertgebouw, Amsterdam (Symphony No. 5).
The reissue of classical music masterpieces by ESOTERIC has attracted a lot of attention, both for its uncompromising commitment to recreating the original master sound, and for using hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) technology to improve sound quality. This series marks the first hybrid SACD release of historical recording selections that have been main stays of the catalog since their initial release. These new audio versions feature ESOTERIC's proprietary re-mastering process to achieve the highest level of sound quality.
SACD Producer: Motoaki Ohmachi (ESOTERIC COMPANY)
SACD Re-mastering Engineer: Masaya Higashino (JVC Mastering Center Daikanyama Studio)
SACD Authoring: Atsuo Fujita (Ef Limited)
- Limited Edition - One Time Pressing
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- DSD Mastering
- Deluxe digipack packaging
- Made in Japan
|Pilar Lorengar||soprano (Egmont)|
|Klausjurgen Wussow||narrator (Egmont)|
|Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra||(Symphony No. 5)|
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
Complete Incidental Music to Egmont, Op. 84 by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- No. 1 Lied (Vivace): "Die Trommel geruhret!"
- No. 2 Zwischenakt I (Andante)
- No. 3 Zwischenakt II (Larghetto)
- No. 4 Lied (Andante con moto): "Freudvoll und leidvoll"
- No. 5 Zwischenakt III (Allegro - Marcia: Vivace)
- No. 6 Zwischenakt IV (Poco sostenuto e risoluto)
- No. 7 Clärchens Tod (Larghetto)
- No. 8 Melodrama (Poco sostenuto)
- No. 9 Siegessymphonie (Allegro con brio)
Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67
- Allegro con brio
- Andante con moto