Clean Your Records For Better Sound and Longer Record Life
The Walnut Record Cleaning Kit
- Solid milled American Walnut handle with hand rubbed oil polyurethane finish. Will last for decades!
- Microfiber Replaceable Cleaning Pad-with velcro on the plexiglass base to secure the pad to the handle and allow easy removal for cleaning or replacement.
- 4oz bottle of G2 Fluid with mist spray applicator.
- Record label protector mask
- GrooveWasher Record Cleaning Booklet
The GrooveWasher G2 Fluid is the result of years of research and testing. The selection of ingredients was guided by the formulations of the D series fluids of the 1970s. G2 Fluid is designed for maximum cleaning effectiveness of the delicate vinyl surface and microgroove. Anti-static action on contact. Honest cleaning to release the honest sound of the recording.
G2 does not fix scratches or scuffs. Once the analog signal in the microgroove is lost, nothing will recover it.
A four ounce spray bottle has more than 300 fine mist sprays, enough to clean both sides of 50 records (your mileage may vary)! 2oz - 4oz Combo Fluid Packs and 8oz refill bottles are available for separate purchase.
Some vinyl record cleaning fluids on the market today are plain distilled water. Or worse, have a high level of alcohol which is an ineffective cleaner and can harm vinyl records. Some can leave a layer in the microgroove that reduces sound fidelity.
G2 Fluid Components
- Surfactants: State of the art detergents dissolve and suspend fingerprints and other oily grime.
- Super Wetting Agent: A specialty chemical that reduces the G2 Fluid's surface tension to reach the bottom of the groove. When you spray G2 Fluid on a record you can see it spread down the grooves.
- Emulsifiers: Holds the oils, dirt, mildew and microdust particles in suspension. Then the microfiber fabric cleaning pad wipes and pulls the dirt-filled solution from the record surface.
- Purified, Deionized Water: Powerful carrier for the active cleaning ingredients. Eliminates static electric charges on the record's surface on contact.
GrooveWasher Wood Handle Design
The GrooveWasher Walnut Kit handle is milled from a single piece of American black walnut, hand finished with waterproof oil polyurethane. GrooveWasher designed the handle shape to be easy to grip while cleaning your records. Hook velcro on the bottom of the handle secures the replaceable cleaning pad.
Cleaning Pad Design & Science
The GrooveWasher cleaning pad features a super absorbent soft suede style split microfiber. This fabric is effective in removing the contaminants borne in the G2 Fluid from the record's microgroove. The loop velcro backed pad design allows the pad to be removed from the walnut handle and washed or replaced.
Record Cleaning Instruction Booklet
Each GrooveWasher Walnut Kit includes an Instruction Booklet with helpful information on record cleaning and using the GrooveWasher System.
G2 Record Cleaning Fluid is formulated and made by GrooveWasher in North Kansas City, MO, USA.