Classical crossover singer and songwriter Hayley Westenra was born and raised in Christchurch, New Zealand. Singing was always her passion. From practising at home in her room, to busking on the city streets, she was always acutely aware of what she loved and what she wanted to do with her life. Sing. That early diligence and hard work paid off when she signed her first international recording contract with Decca Music in the UK at the tender age of 14. Her first release with the label, Pure (2003), then became the fastest selling international debut album in the history of the UK classical charts.
With successive albums, Odyssey (2005), Treasure (2007) and River of Dreams: The Very Best Of Hayley Westenra (2008), Hayley proved that that early success was no fluke; to date, she has sold over 4 million albums worldwide. Her album, Paradiso (2011), took her status to a new level, when she collaborated in Rome with legendary film composer Ennio Morricone and his Orchestra Roma Sinfonietta. Her album, Hushabye, was released in June 2013. The record features "Sleep On", a lullaby specially written to commemorate the birth of Prince George by acclaimed composer Paul Mealor. In fact, Hayley has been personal songbird to Her Majesty The Queen four times and has sung for both Princes William and Harry.
Hayley has also performed at many prestigious sporting events, including the world games (Taiwan 2009), football (the FA Cup Final), baseball (the MLB in the US), tennis (the Mercedes Cup in Los Angeles) and rugby, with her proudest moment - singing the New Zealand national anthem at the Rugby World Cup Final (2011) in support of her much-loved All Blacks.
Since the release of Paradiso, Hayley has had the honor of appearing in front of HRH The Princess Royal at the Royal Variety Performance; she was the special guest on the Operastar 2012 series finale in Seoul, South Korea; and she performed at the closing ceremony of the Second Beijing International Film Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
This 2006 self-titled compilation contains tracks from Hayley's first two albums, Pure, and Odyssey, along with soundtrack contributions.
- Numbered, Limited Edition
- Limited To 1000 Copies For Initial Run
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- Made in Japan
- Pokarekare Ana
- Beat Of Your Heart
- Dell'Amore Non Si Sa (duet with Andrea Bocelli)
- River Of Dreams (adapted from "Winter" from Vivaldi's "Four Seasons")
- Quanta Qualia
- Never Say Goodbye (adapted from Maurice Ravel's "Pavane pour une infante defunte")
- Dark Waltz
- May It Be (from the film "The Lord of the Rings")
- Ave Maria
- Amazing Grace
- Benedictus (from Karl Jenkins' "The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace")
- Bridal Ballad (from the film "The Merchant of Venice")
- In Trutina (from Carl Orff's "Carmen Burana")
- Hine E Hine