This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Speak Like a Child is the sixth album for Blue Note Records by American jazz musician Herbie Hancock, recorded and released in 1968. The evocative cover photograph was taken by David Bythewood, an acquaintance of Hancock. The woman on the cover is Hancock's then-girlfriend, Gigi Meixner. Critic Nat Hentoff considered the album an "impressive further stage in the evolution of Herbie Hancock as writer and player," characterized by a "singular quality of incisive, searching lyricism."
" the album is laid-back, melodic, and quite beautiful...the key to Speak Like a Child is in Hancock's graceful, lyrical playing and compositions, which are lovely on the surface and provocative and challenging upon closer listening." -Stephen Thomas Erlewine, allmusic.com
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
• Cardboard Slipcase with obi strip
Herbie Hancock, piano
Ron Carter, bass
Mickey Roker, drums
Jerry Dodgion, alto flute (1,2,4-6)
Thad Jones, flugelhorn (1,2,4-6)
Peter Phillips, bass (1,2,4-6)
2. Speak Like A Child
3. First Trip
5. Goodbye To Childhood
6. The Sorcerer