The third live album recorded at the Apollo Theater by James Brown was released in 1971. Revolution of the Mind peaked at #39 on the pop album chart and #7 on the R&B chart.
After a triple album project recorded in France was canceled because Brown had signed with a new label, (Polydor in 1971), Brown elected to do many of the same songs on a New York project.
- Double LP
- Intro/It's A New Day (So Let a Man Come In and Do the Popcorn)
- Sex Machine
- Make It Funky
- Try Me
- Fast Medley: I Can't Stand It
- Give It Up or Turnit A Loose
- (Call Me) Super Bad
- Get Up, Get INto It, Get Involved
- Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved Part 2
- Soul Power
- Hot Pants (She Got to Use What She Got to Get What She Wants)