Contains 20 minutes of previously unreleased music and bonus DVD Video Interview with Musicians and Engineers!
Jazz at the Pawnshop is one of the most famous audiophile records in music. These sessions recorded at the jazz club Stampen (Pawnshop) in Stockholm in 1976 by Gert Palmcrantz has an extraordinary presence and a genuine live feeling.
Jazz At The Pawnshop has been regarded as "The Best Jazz Recording of the Century"! Most audiophiles all over the world should have already be in possession of one. Its musical artistry and sonic excellence have few peers. With the blessing of the latest mastering technology and replication in Super Audio CD format, this recording has come out in its unprecedented musical glory!
Recorded at the Pawnshop Jazz Club in Stockholm, Sweden on December 6-7, 1976. Digitally remastered by Andrew Lang using SADiE Super Super Audio CD author v1.1; SACD 1 - February 2005, SACD 2 - February 2006, SACD 3 - November 2006.
This exciting new release comes in an exclusive three-SACD box set with bonus DVD Video Interviw with the musicians and Engineers, and is a limited edition. It includes twenty minutes of previously unreleased music, and all tracks have been digitally remastered. This is the definitive edition of Jazz At The Pawn Shop: Digitally Remastered, Limited Edition Box Set. This SACD Box set will not be around for long!
Super Audio CD
SACD 4.0 Multi-Channel SACD Layer
SACD Stereo SACD Layer
This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
Bonus DVD (2006 Interview)
Includes 20 minutes of previously unreleased music!
Lars Erstrand, vibes
Arne Domnerus, alto sax, clarinet
Bengt Hallberg, piano
Georg Riedel, bass
Egil Johansen, drums
1. Limehouse Blues - Philip Braham
2. I'm Confessin' - Doc Daugherty / Ellis Reynolds
3. High Life - Traditional
4. Jeep's Blues - Johnny Hodges
5. Lady Be Good - George Gershwin
6. Take Five - Paul Desmond
7. Everything Happens To Me - Matt Dennis
8. Barbados - Charlie Parker
9. Stuffy - Coleman Hawkins
1. Over the Rainbow - Harold Arlen
2. Now's the Time - Charlie Parker
3. Out of Nowhere - John Green
4. Take the A Train - Billy Strayhorn
5. Here Is That Rainy Day - Jimmy Van Heusen
6. Struttin With Some Barbeque - Louis Armstrong
7. Poor Butterfly - Raymond Hubbel
8. Exactly Like You - Jimmy Machugh
9. Jeepers Creepers - Harry Warren
10. How High the Moon - Morgan Lewis / Nancy Hamilton
11. Things Ain't What They Used to Be - Mercer Ellington
1. In a Mellow Tone - Duke Ellington / Milton Gabler
2. Gubben och Kallingen - Traditional
3. Nancy With the Laughing Face - Jimmy Heusen
4. Struttin' With Some - Lillian Armstrong
5. It Don't Mean a Think - Duke Ellington
6. Mood Indigo - Duke Ellington
7. Jeep's Blues - Duke Ellington
8. High Life (take 2) - Traditional
Jazz At The Pawnshop Interview 2006
Total playing time SACD 1 - 69:12, SACD 2 - 76:57, SACD 3 - 66:58.