Jazzy Chopin on SACD!
Multiple Grammy nominee John Di Martino--composer, arranger, pianist--has recorded many albums for Venus Records with his Romantic Jazz Trio. Noted for his versatility, John has performed and recorded with such notables as Kenny Burrell, James Moody, Joe Lovano, David "Fat Head" Newman, Pat Martino, Paquito D'Rivera and Houston Person. John has been described as a "shape-shifter", for his creativity across musical genres.
Here the trio devotes an entire album to jazzing up music by the classical composer Frederic Chopin.
Super Audio CD
SACD Stereo SACD Layer
This Single-Layer SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
Made in Japan
John Di Martino, piano
George Mraz, bass
Richard De Rosa, drums
1. Night Flower - Nocturne No. 15 in F minor, Op. 55/1
2. Cry Of The Rain Forest - Prelude No. 2 in A minor, Op. 28-2
3. Lover's Temptation - Waltz No. 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64/2
4. The Ballerina's Dream - Premiere Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23
5. No One But You - Etude No. 6 in E flat minor, Op. 10/6
6. Two Hearts Dancing - Nocturne No. 1 in B flat minor, Op. 9/1
7. Ancient Air - Krakowiak Op. 14 in F major
8. A Woman In Love - Prelude No. 20 in C minor, Op. 28/20
9. Jasmine Lullaby - Mazurka No. 13 in A minor, Op. 17-4
10. African Sunrise - Nocturne No. 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/1
11. Azure Kiss - Prelude No. 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4
12. Cinnamon Tears - Funeral March in C minor, Op. 72/2
13. Drifting In A Mist - Waltz No. 3 in A minor, Op. 34/2
Recorded at Avatar Studio in New York on December 20 & 21, 2009