First Time Available On Vinyl!
The 1999 album features duets with Lucinda Williams, Connie Smith, Iris DeMent, Emmylou Harris, Trisha Yearwood, Patty Loveless, Dolores Keane, Melba Montgomery, and his wife Fiona Prine.
180g Vinyl LP housed in gatefold jacket with matte inner sleeve and limited time download code.
Two time Grammy-award winner, John Prine, is a singer songwriter who, from his eponymously titled first LP release in 1971, has continued to write and perform songs that have become central to our American musical heritage. Classics like, Angel from Montgomery, Sam Stone, Paradise, and Hello in There speak to the everyday experience of ordinary people with a simple honesty, and an extraordinary ability to get right through to the heart of the listener.
Long considered a songwriters songwriter, John Prine is a rare talent whose writing is greatly admired by his peers. Performers who have recorded from his extensive catalog, include Johnny Cash, Bonnie Raitt, the Everly Brothers, John Denver, Kris Kristofferson, Carly Simon, Ben Harper, Joan Baez, George Strait, Old Crow Medicine Show, Norah Jones, Bette Midler, Miranda Lambert and many others.
With his career spanning more than 40 years Prine continues to perform at sold out shows all over the US, Canada, and Europe. Among the many awards and accolades John has received in recent times include is his 2003 induction into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, an Americana Lifetime Achievement Award for songwriting and was honored at the Library of Congress by US Poet Laureate Ted Kooser. Prine has become for many, not just a well loved and appreciated songwriter, but a bonafide American treasure.
"A beautiful collection of song." - Rolling Stone
"Nearly impossible to resist, like a jukebox packed with never-before-played classics." - A.V. Club
"A feast of great songs, great singing, and great match-ups." - Billboard
Matte inner sleeve
Limited time download code enclosed
1. (We're Not) The Jet Set (feat. Iris DeMent)
2. So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad) (feat. Connie Smith)
3. Wedding Bells / Let's Turn Back the Years (feat. Lucinda Williams)
4. When Two Worlds Collide (feat. Trisha Yearwood)
5. Milwaukee Here I Come (feat. Melba Montgomery)
6. I Know One (feat. Emmylou Harris)
7. It's A Cheating Situation (feat. Dolores Keane)
8. Back Street Affair (feat. Patty Loveless)
9. Loose Talk (feat. Connie Smith)
10. Let's Invite Them Over (feat. Iris DeMent)
11. 'Til A Tear Becomes A Rose (feat. Fiona Prine)
12. In A Town This Size (feat. Dolores Keane)
13. We Could (feat. Iris DeMent)
14. We Must Have Been Out of Our Minds (feat. Melba Montgomery)
15. In Spite of Ourselves (feat. Iris DeMent)
16. Dear John (I Sent Your Saddle Home)