Numbered, Limited Edition Transparent Vinyl - 1500 Copies!
The Spielberg/Williams collaboration Part III is the third collection of songs by John Williams, selected from Steven Spielberg's movies. The disc primarily covers the last 20 odd years of the relationship, starting from 1997's Amistad and ending with their latest film The BFG from 2016. The sheer variety of music, the depth of compositional skill on display, the powerful emotions that it evokes, makes The Spielberg/Williams collaboration Part III an extraordinary accomplishment. The beautiful compositions John Williams recorded to The Adventures of Tintin and The Terminal are just a few of all the pieces to be found on this album.
For over 40 years John Williams' music has been associated with director Steven Spielberg's films. Williams has composed the scores to almost all of Spielberg's films. He earned three of his five Academy Awards and fifteen of his 51 Oscar nominations for Spielberg films.
The Spielberg/Williams collaboration Part III is available as a limited edition of 1,500 individually numbered copies on transparent vinyl.
• 180g Audiophile Vinyl
• Double LP
• Gatefold sleeve
• PVC protective sleeve
• Limited edition of 1500 individually numbered copies on Transparent Vinyl
Recording Arts Orchestra Of Los Angeles
John Williams, conductor
1. The Adventures Of Mutt - Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
2. Dry Your Tears, Afrika - Amistad (Los Angeles Children's Chorus; California State University, Fullerton, University Singers)
3. The BFG - The BFG (Heather Clark, flute)
4. With Malice Toward None - Lincoln (Thomas Hooten, trumpet)
5. The Duel - The Adventures Of Tintin
1. A New Beginning - Minority Report
24. Escapades For Alto Saxophone And Orchestra - Catch Me If You Can (Dan Higgins, alto saxophone; Martin Grubinger, vibraphone; Michael Valerio, bass)
1. Marion's Theme - Raiders Of The Lost Ark
2. Hymn To The Fallen - Saving Private Ryan (California State University, Fullerton, University Singers)
3. Dartmoor, 1912 - War Horse (Heather Clark, flute)
1. Viktor's Tale - The Terminal (Don Foster, clarinet)
2. Prayer For Peace - Munich
3. Immigration And Building - The Unfinished Journey
4. With Malice Toward None - Lincoln (Alternate Version) (Stephen Erdody, cello)