In celebration of Pride Month 2021, Nonesuch Records releases k.d. lang's makeover, a new collection of classic dance remixes of some of her best-loved songs. The album brings these remixes, made between 1992 and 2000, together for the first time, and includes "Sexuality", "Miss Chatelaine", "Theme From The Valley Of The Dolls", "Summerfling" and the #1 dance chart hits "Lifted By Love" and "If I Were You". makeover's cover art features a previously unseen 1995 portrait of lang by David LaChapelle. The album is available on transparent turquoise vinyl.
"I had the idea of putting together a dance remix compilation, as I mused about how we built community in those days before the internet, mobile devices, and dating apps," lang says. "Those dance clubs were a key to a world, which was still called 'underground' in the '90s. I also surprised myself by finding that there was a cryptic, sort of secret zone in my career, that hadn't been explored, overlooked even by me. Two of these tracks had even hit #1 on the dance charts!"
Called "one of the greatest singers of all time," by Elton John and "the greatest female singer in the whole world" by fellow Canadian Michael Bublé, k.d. lang's distinguished career includes four Grammy and eight Juno Awards. In addition to a fruitful collaboration with Tony Bennett (who calls her "the best singer of her generation"), lang has performed alongside luminaries including Roy Orbison, Bonnie Raitt, Elton John, and Loretta Lynn. She sang at the closing ceremonies of the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary and the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. lang has contributed music to the soundtracks of several films, including Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and Happy Feet. She has also appeared in a number of films, including Salmonberries, The Black Dahlia, and Eye of the Beholder. In 1996, lang received Canada's highest civilian honor, the Order of Canada.
- Transparent Turquoise Vinyl
- Double LP
- Made in Germany
- Lifted By Love (Club Xanax Mix, 1993)
- If I Were You (Close To The Groove Edit, 1995)
- Just Keep Me Moving (Movin' Mix, 1993)
- Sexuality (Tony Maserati Final Radio Remix, 1995)
- Miss Chatelaine (St. Tropez Mix, 1992)
- Theme From The Valley Of The Dolls (Junior Vasquez 7" Mix, 1997)
- The Consequences Of Falling (Love To Infinity Radio Mix, 2000)
- Just Keep Me Moving (Wild Planet Mix, 1993)
- If I Were You (Main Mix, 1995)
- Sexuality (DJ Krush Full Mix, 1996)
- Summerfling (Ananda's Sweet Bird Of Summer Extended Mix, 2000)
- The Consequences Of Falling (Love To Infinity Funk Mix, 2000)
- Lifted By Love (Elevate Your Love Mix, 1993)
- Summerfling (Wamdue's Makin' Me High Dub, 2000)