Single-Layer Stereo Japanese Import SHM-SACD!
This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
The Köln Concert is a concert recording by pianist Keith Jarrett of solo piano improvisations performed at the Opera House in Cologne on January 24, 1975. The vinyl album was released in the autumn of 1975 by the ECM Records label to critical acclaim, and went on to sell more than 3.5 million copies.
Many critics consider this to be Keith Jarrett's most rewarding solo recording, although Solo Concerts from the previous year is on the same level. The music is quite brilliant with Jarrett (who was improvising freely without any prior planning) developing the most interesting and occasionally startling ideas. The strong fresh melodies and his bluesy feel make this a very enjoyable outing.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
With this album, Jarrett put himself in his own league, and you can feel the inspiration coming off him in waves. This is a true and lasting masterpiece of melodic, spontaneous composition and improvisation that set the standard.
- Super High Material Super Audio CD
- SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
- Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou', which minimizes diffuse reflection
- Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
- This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
- Made in Japan
- Part I
- Part II A
- Part II B
- Part II C