Standards, Vol. 2 is a jazz album by pianist Keith Jarrett, with Gary Peacock on double bass and Jack DeJohnette on drums; the three are collectively known as Jarrett's "Standards Trio". It is the successor to their 1983 album Standards, Vol. 1. Like that album, its tracks were recorded during two long sessions in January 1983; these sessions also generated Jarrett's 1984 album of original music, Changes. Standards, Vol. 2 was released by ECM Records on CD and vinyl in April 1985.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
One of three trio albums that pianist Keith Jarrett recorded with bassist Gary Peacock and drummer Jack DeJohnette during the same month, this second volume of Standards gets the edge over the first due to its slightly more challenging material. Jarrett, who has often taken himself a bit too seriously, is surprisingly playful at times in this format. In addition to Jarrett's 'So Tender,' there are such superior songs explored on this date as Alec Wilder's 'Moon and Sand,' 'If I Should Lose You' and 'I Fall in Love Too Easily.' Bassist Gary Peacock and drummer Jack DeJohnette listen closely to Jarrett and no matter what direction the pianist turns, they are already there waiting for him.
- Super High Material Super Audio CD
- SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
- Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou', which minimizes diffuse reflection
- Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
- This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
|Gary Peacock||double bass|
- So Tender
- Moon And Sand
- In Love In Vain
- Never Let Me Go
- If I Should Lose You
- I Fall in Love Too Easily