Features Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson, Gillian Welch, Steve Earle, and More!
50 years after Bitter Tears: Ballads of the American Indian (1964) was recorded, a collective of top Americana artists has come together to reimagine and update these songs that meant so much to Cash, who died in 2003. Look Again To The Wind: Johnny Cash's Bitter Tears Revisited, produced by Joe Henry (Bonnie Raitt, Aaron Neville), features American music giants Kris Kristofferson, Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, Bill Miller, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, and Norman and Nancy Blake, as well as up-and-comers the Milk Carton Kids and Rhiannon Giddens, interpreting the music of Bitter Tears for a new generation.
The album coincides with the documentary We're Still Here: Johnny Cash's Bitter Tears Revisited, which traces the history of Bitter Tears and the making of Look Again To The Wind. The film is directed by Antonio D'Ambrosio, author of A Heartbeat And A Guitar, a book about the making of Bitter Tears. Its cover artwork is designed by well-known artist Shepard Fairey, who designed the iconic Barack Obama "Hope" Poster and the Led Zeppelin album cover for Mothership, among other works.
180g Audiophile Vinyl
Includes Download Card
1. As Long As the Grass Shall Grow (w/ Gillian Welch)
2. Apache Tears (w/ Emmylou Harris)
3. Custer (w/ Steve Earle)
4. The Talking Leaves (w/ Nancy Blake)
5. The Ballad of Ira Hayes (w/ Kris Kristofferson)
1. Drums (w/ Norman Blake)
2. Apache Tears (Reprise) (w/ Gillian Welch)
3. White Girl (w/ Kenneth Pattengale)
4. The Vanishing Race (w/Rhiannon Giddens)
5. As Long As the Grass Shall Grow ( Reprise) (w/ Gillian Welch)
6. Look Again to the Wind (w/ Bill Miller)