Numbered, Limited Edition Green Vinyl - Only 2000 Copies!
Louis Armstrong was one of the most influential figures in the jazz scene. As a trumpeter, singer and composer he recorded some of the most famous songs the world would ever hear. This Collected release combines the songs from his early days with his big hits and collaborations with other artists.
Louis Armstrong was born and raised in New Orleans during the first 20 years of the 20th century. From 1920 onwards he became known as an inventive trumpet and cornet player. With his recognizable voice and skilled scat singing he released classics like "West End Blues" and "Ain't Misbehavin'". The Black spiritual "When the Saints Go Marching In" was famously recorded by him in 1938. During the '60s Louis was still a top performer, releasing some of his most famous songs, like "What A Wonderful World" and "Hello, Dolly!". Even after his death in 1971 he remained as popular as before and became known as one of the most influential artists in popular music. His effect on singers who came after him can be found in the performances he recorded with other artists. On the 2LP Collected you'll find collaborations with Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby and Billie Holliday among others.
The Louis Armstrong Collected package includes a 4-page booklet with liner notes and is available as a limited first pressing of 2,000 individually numbered copies on green vinyl.
• 180g Audiophile Vinyl
• Double LP
• High quality PVC Protective Sleeve
• Gatefold Sleeve
• 4-page booklet with liner notes
• Limited first pressing of 2000 individually numbered copies on Green Vinyl
1. West End Blues
2. Ain't Misbehavin'
3. Body And Soul
4. I Got Rhythm
5. I'm In The Mood For Love
6. La Cucaracha
7. Jeepers Creepers
8. When The Saints Go Marching In
9. Perdido Street Blues
1. La Vie En Rose
2. It Takes Two To Tango
3. High Society Calypso
4. Top Hat, White Tie, And Tails
5. When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)
6. A Kiss To Build A Dream On
7. Blueberry Hill
8. Hello, Dolly!
3. The Circle Of Your Arms
4. What A Wonderful World
5. The Bare Necessities
6. The Life Of The Party
7. Canal Street Blues King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band
8. Weather Bird with Earl Hines
9. Just A Gigolo with His Sebastian New Cotton Club Orchestra
10. On A Cocoanut Island with The Polynesians
1. You Can't Lose A Broken Heart with Billie Holliday
2. Dream A Little Dream Of Me with Ella Fitzgerald
3. Gone Fishin' with Bing Crosby
4. Big Butter And Eggman with Velma Middleton
5. Summertime with Ella Fitzgerald
6. Makin' Whoopee Oscar Peterson
7. Onkel Satchmo's Lullaby with Gabriele
8. The Five Pennies Saints with Danny Kaye