This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Dot Time Records is excited to bring you Louis Armstrong's music from a historical show in Europe after WWII. Live In Germany is from a Postwar Berlin show in 1952 and includes Trummy Young, Cozy Cole and the return of Arvel Shaw.
...this record sounds much younger than its age. Armstrong and his band, including the wonderful clarinetist Bob McCracken and vocalist Velma Middleton, crackle with joy and energy and the tart humor that made the bandleader's toothy, Buddha-like smile feel entirely appropriate.
Timeless and charming, this vinyl-only release is a must for Armstrong completists.
- Hand-Numbered, Limited Edition - 500 Copies
- Vinyl LP
- Original source material proviced by the Louis Armstrong House Museum
- Liner notes by Ricky Riccardi, Director of Research Collections for the Louis Armstrong House Museum
- Vinyl mastering by Casper Sutton-Jones at Gearbox Records, London, UK
|Louis Armstrong||trumpet, vocals|
|Bob McCracken||clarinet, vocals|
- When It's Sleepy Time Down South
- My Bucket's Got A Hole In It
- Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Lover Come Back To Me
- Can Anyone Explain
- Tin Roof Blues
- A Kiss To Build A Dream On
Recorded at Titania Palast, Berlin, Germany, October 12, 1952