For the first time on vinyl, 'More Trouble' features bonus cuts and alternate takes from Marvin Gaye's "Trouble Man" session, previously featured on the 40th anniversary expanded edition of "Trouble Man."
It's unclear why Universal is releasing this small sampler rather than a set of the full sessions, but as a big fan of Gaye's '70s work, I'll happily take what I can get on wax. And I'll happily shout out mastering engineer Alex Abrash for making this music sound as good as it does. These alternate takes and versions are thick with tension or snapping with trim lowrider funk (''T' Plays It Cool' should be a mainstay of any self-respecting DJ's soul/R&B set). Spoil yourself with this sweet treat.
- Vinyl LP
- First time on vinyl
- Bonus material & alternate takes
- Gatefold jacket
- Main Theme From Trouble Man (2) [Alternate Take With Strings]
- "T" Plays It Cool (Unedited)
- Poor Abbey Walsh, Part 2 (Take 1)
- Trouble Man (Extended Version)
- Theme From Trouble Man (Vocal Version)
- Main Theme From Trouble Man (1) [Vocal Version]
- "T" Stands For Trouble (Unedited Vocal Version)
- "T" Stands For Trouble (Alternate Version)
- Trouble Man (Vocal Version) from the Original Score