Pianist Maurizio Pollini performs Franz Schubert's Piano Sonata No. 20, recorded December 1983 at Grosser Sall, Musikverein, Vienna, and Piano Sonata No. 21, recorded June 1987 at Residenz, Herkules Saal, Munich.
The reissue of classical music masterpieces by ESOTERIC has attracted a lot of attention, both for its uncompromising commitment to recreating the original master sound, and for using hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) technology to improve sound quality. This series marks the first hybrid SACD release of historical recording selections that have been main stays of the catalog since their initial release. These new audio versions feature ESOTERIC's proprietary re-mastering process to achieve the highest level of sound quality.
SACD Producer: Motoaki Ohmachi (ESOTERIC COMPANY)
SACD Re-mastering Engineer: Masaya Higashino (JVC Mastering Center Daikanyama Studio)
SACD Authoring: Atsuo Fujita (Ef Limited)
- Limited Edition - One Time Pressing
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- DSD Mastering
- Deluxe digipack packaging
- Made in Japan
Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
Piano Sonata in A major, D 959 (op. post.)
- I. Allegro
- II. Andantino
- III. Scherzo (Allegro vivace) Trio (Un poco più lento)
- IV. Rondo (Allegretto)
Piano Sonata in B flat major, D 960 (op. post.)
- I. Molto moderato
- II. Andante sostenuto
- III. Scherzo (Allegro vivace con delicatezza) Trio
- IV. Allegro ma non troppo