Coming April 7, 2023 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
From Mick Harvey of The Birthday Party & The Bad Seeds!
Harvey's 2016 Album of Serge Gainsbourg Covers on Limited Edition Transparent Yellow Vinyl.
Mute is excited to announce the reissue of Mick Harvey's Delirium Tremens, the third volume of his Serge Gainsbourg translation project, re-pressed on limited edition transparent yellow vinyl. Limited to 1,000 copies worldwide. Originally released on 24th June 2016, Delirium Tremens was Mick Harvey's resumption of his series translating Serge Gainsbourg's songs into English after a 20-year hiatus. Both volume one (Intoxicated Man) and two (Pink Elephants) are cherished classics and introduced English speakers to one of the most legendary songwriters of the 20th century. The album covers a wide cross-section of Gainsbourg material, from 1976's "The Man with the Cabbage Head" ("L'homme à Tête de Chou") to "Deadly Tedium" ("Ce Mortel Ennui") and "Coffee Colour" ("Couleur Cafe") from the late '50s and early '60s."Many of the songs I have recorded are ones I had hoped to translate the first time I approached this material but I just thought they would be ones that were too hard to translate. But once I sunk my teeth into the task I found they were no more problematic than most of the songs from the first two albums." - Mick Harvey
Like its predecessors, Harvey's canny charts, arresting dynamics, and deliberate, reverb-laden production provide the glue for Delirium Tremens. Gainsbourg's work is now often recorded in English, but Harvey remains one of his finest interpreters.
- Limited Edition - 1,000 Copies Worldwide
- Transparent Yellow Vinyl
- The Man with the Cabbage Head (L'homme à Tête de Chou)
- Deadly Tedium (Ce Mortel Ennui)
- Coffee Colour (Couleur Café)
- The Convict Song (Chanson de Forçat)
- SS C'est Bon (Est-ce Est-ce Si Bon)
- I Envisage (J'envisage)
- A Day Like Any Other (Un Jour Comme un Autre)
- A Violent Poison (That's What Love Is) [Un Poison Violent C'est Ça l'Amour]
- More and More, Less and Less (De Plus en Plus, De Moins en Moins)
- Don't Say a Thing (Ne Dis Rien)
- Boomerang (Boomerang)
- The Decadance (La Décadanse)