Mastered From Original Masters of Universal Music!
Pressed at Pallas!
Violinist Mischa Elman is accompanied by pianist Joseph Seiger for this recording of compositional works by J.S. Bach, Handel, Vitali & Sammartini.
"Mischa Elman's strongest attributes have always been his big, meaty tone and his sense of musical style, expressed in terms of phrasing both careful and subtle. The four classical compositions on this disc serve ideally to show off these qualities. From every standpoint, this is one of the best of his recent efforts before the recording microphone." - High Fidelity
• Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
• Pressed at Pallas GmbH in Germany
• Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
• Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music
• Decca LXT5303
• Analogphonic release
Mischa Elman, violin
Joseph Seiger, piano
Giovanni Battista Sammartini (1698-1775) (arr. Nachez)
Tommaso Antonio Vitali (arr. Charlier)
George Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
Sonata No. 4 in D Major, Op. 1, No. 13
1. Adagio - Allegro - Larghetto - Allegro
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
2. Air On the G String - from Suite No. 3 in D Major