Light In The Attic Records is proud to present Nancy Sinatra: Start Walkin' 1965-1976. The definitive new collection surveys Sinatra's most prolific period over 1965-1976, including her revered collaborations with Lee Hazlewood, over 23 tracks.
Remastered from the original analog tapes by GRAMMY®-nominated engineer John Baldwin, the collection is complemented by liner notes penned by Amanda Petrusich (author and music critic at The New Yorker), featuring insightful new interviews with Sinatra, as well as a Q&A with archivist and GRAMMY®-nominated reissue co-producer, Hunter Lea. The two-disc vinyl set is presented in a gatefold jacket (featuring a 24-page booklet).
Nancy's performance of the Lee Hazlewood-penned song "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" was a huge hit in 1966 and became her signature tune. The pair began a three year run of successful albums, duets, and singles including "Sugar Town", "Some Velvet Morning", "Summer Wine", "Sand", "Jackson" and the title track to the 1967 James Bond film "You Only Live Twice".
Start Walkin' explores Nancy's recordings with Lee, her inspired collaborations with songwriter Mac Davis ("Hello L.A., Bye Bye Birmingham"), producer Lenny Waronker ("Hook And Ladder"), and the "should've been hit" song with arranger/producer Billy Strange ("How Are Things In California").
Over the years, she has been cited as an influence by countless artists, including Sonic Youth, Morrissey, Calexico, U2, and Lana Del Rey. Her haunting song "Bang, Bang" gained a new legion of fans when it appeared in the opening credits of Quentin Tarantino's 2003 film, Kill Bill Volume 1.
Please note: Images are mock-ups and subject to change.
Sinatra's influence can be heard everywhere from Angel Olsen to Lana Del Rey. This new compilation offers one of the only overarching retrospectives of a singular career.
- Velvet Morning Sunrise Color Vinyl
- Double LP
- Solo recordings, rarities & duets with Lee Hazlewood
- Newly remastered from the original analog tapes by Grammy-nominated engineer John Baldwin
- New interviews with Nancy Sinatra
- Extensive essay by Amanda Petrusich
- Q&A interview with Nancy & Grammy-nominated reissue co-producer, Hunter Lea
- Never-before-seen photos from Nancy Sinatra's personal archive
- Gatefold jacket with obi strip
- 24-page book
- Pressed at RTI
- Bang Bang
- These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Sugar Town
- So Long Babe
- How Does That Grab You, Darlin'?
- Friday's Child
- You Only Live Twice
- Summer Wine
- Some Velvet Morning
- Lightning's Girl
- Lady Bird
- How Are Things In California?
- Hook And Ladder
- Hello L.A., Bye-Bye Birmingham
- Paris Summer
- Arkansas Coal (Suite)
- Down From Dover
- Kind Of A Woman
- Machine Gun Kelly
- (L'été Indien) Indian Summer